Over the holiday weekend, we made the trek to Las Vegas as a family. Previous trips had us heading directly to the casino but this time the main goal was to spend as much time as we could with family. It was HOT and muggy of course but I witnessed my very first desert thunderstorm which was pretty amazing. We went out to the desert literally in the middle of nowhere, where I took the first picture. It was about 9:15 am and it was already getting to be near 90 degrees! I was surprised at the beauty of the desert and was very glad we took the time head out there. We ended up hiking Red Rock, exploring the Container Park and taking the kids to see the lions at the Mirage. We had the opportunity to try lots of fun places on this trip so I put together a simple list of 5 super fun things to do in Las Vegas with the kiddos!
Here are 5 Super Fun Things to Do In Las Vegas With the Kiddos
- Red Rock Canyon: It’s a beautiful place to hike, but be sure to go early to beat the heat and bring tons of water! Head to Summerlin for Red Rock hikes.
- Shark Reef Aquarium: A fun and unique experience, the Shark Reef provides lots of entertainment. You can find this at the Mandalay Bay Hotel.
- Tournament of Kings: This is a fun dinner show that features jousting and sword fights. You can find this unique show at the Excalibur Hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
- The Container Park: The Container Park has lots of shops and restaurants for mom and dad, plus a large play structure dubbed the Treehouse for kids. Keep an eye out for the art installations that come alive!
- Children’s Discovery Museum: Another interactive experience for kids, The Children’s Discovery Museum has lots of exhibits meant for kids. Best for toddlers, tweens may be bored at this museum.