I didn’t know much about San Luis Obispo but we decided to take a trip down the coast with some family. We spent the entire day at the beach, watched a lovely fireworks display, ate at Splash Café (the steamed clams were delicious!!!), played in the indoor swimming pool, walked the piers, fell in love while discovering Avila Beach, and in general just relaxed with family.
Tips for discovering Avila Beach
- Parking can be a beast, get to Avila Beach early in the day to find a spot. If the parking lot is filled you can try your luck on the streets, but parking can be tight on popular weekends.
- Don’t miss strolling along the Avila Pier which was built in 1890!
- Grab a delicious ice cream on the boardwalk and watch the sunset.
- People watch by swinging on the swing set that is located central to the Boardwalk.
- A lovely farmer’s market is available during Spring through early fall. The produce is amazing!
- On your way out or in, stop at Avila Valley Barn for local sundries and to feed the goats!