Halloween at Disneyland was a really fun experience for our family. It was the first time we had been during that time and it was the first time staying at the Grand Californian hotel! I’m not going to do a full trip recap but I will share a few pictures of some fun Halloween touches at the park. I’m also working on a post about the Grand Californian so keep an eye out for that if you are interested in staying there in the future.
I didn’t know much about San Luis Obispo but we decided to take a trip down the coast with some family. We spent the entire day at the beach, watched a lovely fireworks display, ate at Splash Café (the steamed clams were delicious!!!), played in the indoor swimming pool, walked the piers, fell in love while discovering Avila Beach, and in general just relaxed with family.
Tips for discovering Avila Beach
- Parking can be a beast, get to Avila Beach early in the day to find a spot. If the parking lot is filled you can try your luck on the streets, but parking can be tight on popular weekends.
- Don’t miss strolling along the Avila Pier which was built in 1890!
- Grab a delicious ice cream on the boardwalk and watch the sunset.
- People watch by swinging on the swing set that is located central to the Boardwalk.
- A lovely farmer’s market is available during Spring through early fall. The produce is amazing!
- On your way out or in, stop at Avila Valley Barn for local sundries and to feed the goats!
A few weeks ago the bebe and I went on an adventure with friends to the City (San Francisco for you non local people) where I finally was able to walk through the famous Ferry Building. What was once a crumbling and dismal area is having a resurgence and the Ferry Building now holds all sorts of delightful things for the senses.
Here are a few snapshots of stuff we saw/ate/sampled.
We had a great time and our lunch was delicious Mt. Tam cheese, Acme bread and organic chocolate. If you ever have a chance to get up there, stop by for some food- just try to avoid lunchtime during the week.
The beach had been calling for a very long time. So this past week Mr. P and I loaded up the bebe on a plane and flew to Hawaii. We were hosted by Ps generous aunt and uncle at the Ko’ Olina Marriott Beach Club. The resort was absolutely gorgeous- it had a private lagoon and rooms that were bigger than our condo.
We didn’t want to be busy we wanted to lay on the beach, wade into the waves and sample some local hangouts. We did all that and more.