Disneyland during Halloween is one of my most favorite times to go! In early October, the crowds are usually low and the park goes all out in a fun and not too spooky themed displays.
Here are 5 tips to enjoying Disneyland during Halloween!
1. Halloween themed treats are a must! We got popcorn in limited edition halloween themed buckets, candy corn cotton candy (it tastes exactly like regular the colors are different) and butterscotch beignets at the Mint Julep Cafe. Protein: Order the 6 beignet bag but ask if they will split between regular and butterscotch flavors. Cast members will happily hand you two bags with three of each flavor! Everything was delicious and it’s fun to hunt down the snacks that wouldn’t be available during the regular season.
2. Halloween villains are out and about for photos so take advantage when you see one! We saw The Queen of Hearts roaming around two days in a row. She shook her fists at people who stood in the way of the trolley and demanded others kiss her hand. It was hysterical!
3. Rancho del Zocalo has a Dia de Los Metros display outside of the restaurant. It’s bright, colorful, and a great place to stop and take photos. They offer daily face painting and the restaurant itself has pumpkin flan for dessert!
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion takeover is a must-see display! The ride had a 1 hour was while we were there so getting a fast pass is an absolute must. On one trip while passing through the birthday party scene we smelled pumpkin pie in the air. It was a great touch!
5. The pumpkin festival on Main Street is another photo opportunity located in the park. Every year they have different carvings and pumpkin displays. We like wandering around looking at the displays before plopping down to save seats for the parade.
What are your tips for Disneyland during Halloween??