Santa Cruz is one of our favorite local cities to visit. A pretty perfect day consists of lots of beach time, local roasted coffee and wandering down the pier. Santa Cruz is one of those lovely bohemian beach communities that has has a ton for both locals and tourists to do.
Part of its appeal is that is holds one of the oldest Beach Boardwalks in California and visitors from all over the globe descend during the summer to enjoy it’s rides and food. It also has a prestigious university in the community so there is a mixture of young and old residents along. There isn’t any shortage of neighborhoods to discover in Santa Cruz and here are some of my favorite fun activities in Santa Cruz.
Here are 20 fun activities in Santa Cruz!
- Stroll the Beach Boardwalk (and ride the Big Dipper!)
- Pick strawberries in Davenport
- Watch Taffy being pulled at Marini’s on the Beach
- Explore the Santa Cruz Flea Market
- Drink coffee at the local roaster Verve
- Catch the train at the Boardwalk to Roaring Camp Railroads
- Get mystified at The Mystery Spot
- Try the ice cream at The Penny Ice Creamery
- Walk the Santa Cruz wharf
- Explore downtown thrift stores
- Catch a concert at the legendary Catalyst Club.
- Watch a Santa Cruz Warriors game at the Kaiser Arena
- Visit the Natural History Museum (it’s free!)
- Explore the tide pools at Natural Bridges State Beach
- Enjoy a slice of pizza at Pizza My Heart
- Grab a beach blanket and watch an outdoor movie in the sand
- Wander the Santa Cruz Surfing Museum and learn some new facts about the popular sport!
- Wine taste at Sones Cellar
- Taste new and delicious food from Food Truck a Go Go
- Zipline among the redwoods in Felton