Elsa, the beloved Snow Queen from the Disney film “Frozen,” has become an icon in Disney parks. With her powerful voice, icy powers, and inspiring story of sisterly love, it’s no wonder that she has captured the hearts of Disney fans of all ages. Read on to take a closer look at where to see Elsa at Disneyland Resort and the various ways in which guests can interact with the character.
The most popular way to meet Elsa at Disneyland Resort is through the “Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome” meet and greet experience. This attraction is located at Hollywoodland in Disney California Adventure and allows guests to meet Elsa (and her sister Anna) up close and personal. The meet and greet experience is interactive and allows guests to take photos with the characters and even receive a warm chat with Elsa herself. It’s a great opportunity for kids (and kids at heart) to meet their favorite characters and make lasting memories.
Of course, seeing Elsa at Disneyland Resort doesn’t stop there. Guests can also find her in various parades throughout the park, including the “Magic Happens” parade. In this particular parade, you can spot Anna and Elsa from Frozen 2, who are exploring the Enchanted Forest with Kristoff, Sven, and Olaf. They’re on board one of the longest floats in the parade.
In “Wonderous Journeys”, Disneyland’s new projection show there is a Frozen section where you can see Elsa, Anna, Sven, and Kristoff being projected across the Rivers of America.
In addition, there is “Frozen” merchandise available at the park which allows fans to take home a piece of the magic and continue their love for the character long after they’ve left the park.
Unfortunately “Frozen: Live at the Hyperion” is still closed and not showing signs of returning to Disneyland Resort.
General tips for interacting with Elsa at Disneyland Resort:
- Be polite and patient while waiting in line for your turn. Remember there are lots of kids eager to meet their favorite characters!
- Don’t be shy! Walk right up, give a smile, and a friendly hello. The characters will be happy to interact with you.
- Feel free to ask if you can pose together for photos. The Cast Members with the characters are happy to take pictures on your camera or phone.
- Keep conversations lighthearted and avoid anything scary or inappropriate. Stick to topics like the character’s friends, where they live, what they like to do, etc.
- Speak clearly and loud enough so the characters can hear you through their costumes. Make eye contact.
- Say thank you before leaving. Feel free to wave goodbye so you end the interaction on a nice note.
- Don’t worry if a character has to rush off to take a break. Their schedule is demanding, but they appreciate fans like you!
- Consider bringing an autograph book for characters to sign. It makes a nice memento.
- Tilt your hat up or take it off before your photo is taken. This ensures your face wont be shaded.
Most importantly, relax and have fun! Meeting the characters is a special Disneyland experience. With some courtesy and prep, you’re sure to have engaging, memorable interactions.