Disneyland without the kids is such a different experience than what we are used to. P was skeptical at first, he figured that we would miss the kids (we did) and it would be awkward with no kids (it wasn’t.) Here are some tips for an adult-online Disneyland Trip.
After we arrived, I knew I wanted to do all thing things that we don’t normally do when we take the kids. Coffee in hand, we slowly strolled the park collecting fast passes and riding the rides our children wouldn’t be interested in. I think the MOST significant difference was the lack of the frenzied pace we usually have. There wasn’t a toddler to chase after, for example, we stood in line for 45 minutes for Space Mountain just chatting and the time went by pretty quickly.
DISCOUNT DISNEY TICKETS
My favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, offers the best Disney discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service is top-notch. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without waiting in ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time. Don’t forget to mention THIS BLISS LIFE for your discount!
Activities for A Adult Only Trip to Disneyland and California Adventure!
- Arrive at least an hour early to get parked and to get through the security line. Start at Disneyland in the morning and then hit California Adventure in the afternoon.
- Need some breakfast before hitting the rides? Grab a coffee at the Starbucks on either Main Street in both parks. Or if you are feeling adventurous, try the Jolly Holiday Bakery for an egg croissant sandwich and hot coffee.
- The upscale restaurants like Blue Bayou or the Napa Rose are so very well worth a nice meal. Try to get reservations before. We had a lovely meal at the Napa Rose while watching the fun Toy Story parade, so try to time it right!
- Treat yourself to the Chef’s Counter meal at Napa Rose! The staff of the Napa Rose will create a custom 6-course meal or you can order from the regular menu! The restaurant offers seating in the kitchen at the Chef’s Counter or out. This dining option costs about $100 a person. You can also add a custom wine pairing created to match with your meal.
- Challenge your partner to see who can get the most points on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.
- If you can’t land a reservation at Carthay Circle restaurant, the lounge is perfect for drinks and dinner. The staff was amazing and checked in on us several times when the power went out for a few minutes!
- Get Peter Pan’s Flight over and done within the morning. In the afternoon the lines are insane!
- California Adventure offers several places to get alcoholic drinks. I highly recommend the cocktails at the Lamplight Lounge. We thought the sliders were way better than the Lobster Nachos but both are worth trying once. Hollywood Lounge also has some fun seasonal drinks and beer if that is your jam.
- Scream on the Incredicoaster and then share a Jack Jack’s warm chocolate cookie with your partner!
- Take advantage of the 1 hour after closing shopping at the shops on Main Street. Then head over to Tiki Sam’s bar for live music and strong drinks!
- Explore Galaxy’s Edge! There are so many new snacks and activities to try out, plus you can catch the fireworks from an amazing angle in this land!
How Many Days at Disneyland for Adults?
Ideally, two days is enough for 2 adults to enjoy themselves at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure!